Thailand Government issues tourist visa to applicants wishing to get in to the Kingdom of Thailand for tourism intention. The tourist visa to Thailand is valid for
60 days and can be made 30 days longer after approaching the nearest Immigration office.
The Royal Thailand Government charges a payment of USD 25.00 per entry or approximately 1,900 Baht (as per 2003-08-26) for people interested to visit Thailand. The fee is subject to change as per the will of the Thai authorities. The specific requirements for getting a tourist visa are -
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
- Visa application form completely filled out
- One recent (4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant
- Air ticket or e-ticket paid in full
- Financial means (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)
- Consular officers reserve the rights to request for additional documents as deemed necessary.
The tourists on obtaining a tourist visa to Thailand need to use it within a period of 30 days. While on your Thailand tour, you can extend the visa validity period after filing an application for authorization at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120 , Tel (662) 287-3101-10.
The Thai Royal Government extends the facility of Visa on arrival to the citizens of 20 countries. There are 32 visa extension counters for such purpose, at different entry points to Thailand. The requirements to apply for the same are -
- The purpose is tourism.
- The applicant must have living expenses of 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family along with full paid ticket.
- A recent passport size photograph.
- Such a visa is not subject to extension except in cases of illness preventing travel.